Monday, February 12, 2024

Pipili Live

 


21 Jan 2024

After 3 nights and 2 days in the capital city of Odisha it was time for some solo sojourn. 

The plan was to go to Puri and anchor there for few days. I was told the route took only 1.30 hrs but would I reach my destination in that time? Impossible when you know what lies in between to discover. Travelling in Odisha is all the more fun because it’s packed with so much to explore. 


I left Hotel La Franklin, Bhubaneswar around  9 am and in 45 mins reached the town of Pipili. The town famous for appliqué work and the cloth lamps. I walked around the market and bought some stuff for home and gifting. This town makes all the decorations for Jagannath right from every day use chadars to cover the deities to the more grand Rath Yatra. 


I requested the seller to courier my buys to my address because I was very sure my baggage was going to swell up even more. Everything works on trust. Paying the bill after shopping. Giving your address. Later paying in advance for shipping to the courier. 🚚 

This town lies on the route to Puri. It feels like a Mumbai Pune ride but via state highway 😃 Yet a very interesting route. Wait and watch to see which town I stop by next…

Showing Bubble my shopping 🛍️ 

No comments: