Friday, February 9, 2024

Exploring Janpath, Ram Mandir and Lunch at Nimantran


After Dhauli I returned to Bhubaneswar city. I needed to buy shoes so I decided to explore Janpath. Sai the deeply caring girl she is sent me location links for the Sketchers shop. She also directed me to have lunch at the OTDC Restaurant Nimantran. 

I very quickly picked a slip in pair that would be good for walking and also for temple visits so I don’t touch the shoes and so there wouldn’t be a need to wash my hands every time.


Just across the road in the same area is Ram Mandir. I decided to go in for darshan. It was time for Aarti and I was lucky to attend it. The Ram Lakshman Sita were resplendent. In another 2 days Shree Ram Lalla’s punaraagman was going to take place in Ayodhya so every Ram mandir in the country had a heightened energy brought by pilgrims and devotees. It felt peaceful. After the Aarti the temple was closed for the afternoon. I experienced grace of Shree Ram!



Later I went to Nimantran for lunch as it just opened service for the day. It is an Odisha Tourism’s flagship restaurant. Read more about it on my food blog AnnaParaBrahma.



Closing with a dessert like the Odia do,  that is Chenna jhilli! 

No comments: