Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Mukteshvar Dance Festival

The grand finale to 19 Jan 2024 my first day travel in Odisha was at the Mukteshvar Dance Festival organised by the state government. 

The temple complex made an ethereal backdrop to this extravaganza of dance in the wonderful lights. 

We were very tired so attended only for an hour and left early. Grateful to have been in Bhubaneswar at the right time for this fantastic dance festival. 

Odissi is one of my favourite forms of dance. It is so graceful yet difficult. The dancers always stand in bow legged positions to depict the beautiful sculptures on the temples! 

The Filigree jewellery they wear and the Sambhalpuri sarees all need to be bought to add to my collection I made a note to myself 😁

The story of Karna made us wince. Hope they performed a Ras Leela to lighten the air. Loved the oud they burnt to eradicate mosquitoes but also created a wonderful ambience.


All 📸 by Sai Priya @mycookingcanvas

No comments: