Sunday, June 9, 2024

Touristy Ooty


Waking up in Ooty. Cuddled under warm blankets. The morning light coming in through the port hole. I feel peaceful. The voice automatically is soothing to myself I just whisper not wanting to break the deep calm I feel. The misty morning permeating into my soul.

Breakfast of hot upma and chutney is served on the front verandah. Followed by ginger cha and a tray of crisp toast with butter and jam. I bite into the jammy buttery toast sugary sweet like the feelings in my heart. After so many years…

All this romantic setting was causing mischief. Send me a lover 🥰 I tell my besties. Promptly someone sends the best there can be and I am gleefully smiling at SRK’s gif stretching out his arms. No no. Not him please he occupies too many hearts. Giggles ❣️

Being a Tourist. I signed up for a 1/2 day tour with a cabbie 🚕 

It’s a typical hill station format. 


1. Tea factory & Chocolate factory visit. 

At the tea factory & chocolate factory shopped for stuff to bring home. This is not a new experience for me. 





2. Botanical gardens

The Botanical garden had a flower show going so it was the best it could be. 


3. Ooty lake

Ooty lake was very relaxing. As I have started doing since my Odisha trip for keepsake requested a photographer to click a picture. 

There was more to explore but I wasn’t keen on packing too much in the day. 

Every where there were huge crowds but since I was solo it allowed me my own pace and then to withdraw into the seclusion of the cab. 

I returned to my homestay loaded with mountain plums, Logans and a sweet cut pineapple. I bought the only 2 bananas that were there each costing ₹10 because Ooty doesn’t grow its own bananas. These served me the next few days during my travel.

The beautiful evening light.

Jo bhi khaya hazam hua 😃 in Ooty

In the evening I ordered cheese toast which was well made and I taught Kris the butler careful presentation. So the diner can see the cheese thru cut side up of the sandwich and he appreciated my nuances.


A vegetarian dinner. The cook’s vegetarian repertoire was better. Two Poriyals, chana masala had an unusual taste, rasam was lovely. 


I slept like a baby after dinner. 

No comments: