Sunday, May 26, 2024

Doing Ooty Solo


Day5 | May2024Hols 


After the Upnayanas were done n dusted in BLR. I had planned to take a holiday in the mountains. All the 7 yrs that I lived in BLR I avoided visiting Ooty. It’s too crowded and expensive too I have heard too many times. Ooty is a honeymooner’s paradise so this dream of going there with a partner has been nurtured since childhood. Later I found out that my MIL & FIL too had honeymooned in BLR-MYSORE-Ooty when I married Arvi. I therefore had this urge to go now thinking it’s ok to do things Solo. Walking down sloped meadows with your Mr. Darcy was not going to happen now at age 54. 



I took a cab from BLR and while I passed by areas old memories started getting heavy on me. The thoughts 💭 that started forming seemed to tell me that someone still meant so much to me. It’s been 13 yrs since the last conversation over phone when I had desperately tried my best to drive some sense. Show the mirror. To give hope. 


I took a coffee break. My head too full of the past. Treated my chauffeur to an expensive coffee too. 


Passed through Bandipur plains and the Madhumalai mountains not a tiger 🐯 in view. I did see a deer 🦌 prancing around and lots of monkeys 🙈 🙉🐵🙊 wishing atleast to spot one elephant 🐘 

It was a very sultry drive or was it my shades that made me feel dulled. The AC in the car 🚙 was pleasant though. As we approached Ooty the Nilgiris got foggy like my mind. Then it rained giving it a release. The brown burnt mountains bathed in mother natures love. 

I reached Saffron stays at Milton Abbot Estate. All this while my group of friends were being updated for my security. So sent them a click of the place. Immediately the film buffs recognised it as a location they had seen in few movies. 

I was shown the room. I yelped with joy!🤩 They had upgraded me to an entire suite! I have a video of it will post it on YouTube since it is long.

It was late afternoon I was restless. Soaked in the beauty of it. 


In the evening on the sit out enjoyed magical onion pakoras with tea made by the lady cook at the house. 

 


The rest of the evening just got colder. I put on my overcoat and stepped out to explore the beautiful estate. 


 



It was late dinner. I had requested for mutton parotta and a full vegetarian thali. I wanted to eat like a Queen and sleep well. 







Thank you Arvi for this luxury life. 🙏🏽



No comments: