Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Ganpati in Thal and more

Last two years I have started going to Thal for Ganpati. It’s the memories of many Ganpatis spent there that has a magnetic pull. Ganpati in Thal and across Alibag is home and hearth centric. It is about bonds n ties. This is my native place and I have a family home here.

Get yourself invited to a friend’s home to experience this special time. 

In my home the tradition is carried forward by my cousin Sumeet. He does the sthapana himself and also helps other families and friends do it. 

Here are some pictures. 

What are the other attractions in Thal? 

1. The virgin beach.


2. Fishing business watch.

3. Riding through the green snaking roads through the village. 


4. Enjoying fresh seafood.

5. Swimming in the sea and just having a chill time. 

There are a few resorts and home stays in Thal some near the beach some in wadis. Choose as you like and that which fits your budget.

No comments: