Sunday, June 4, 2017

New experiences in and around Bangalore with the Mister.


23 May to 31 May 2017

We have been married for a year and a half exactly, I said to my husband and "We have been postponing our long vacation due to health reasons. Lets just go when you are better now." Just that and he nodded in agreement, telling me to book places with panoramic views and no visiting monuments!

I took that as a direction and designed this trip to help us rejuvenate completely. So the itinerary went like this.


  1. Hop off the airplane > Take a cab to Nandi hills. Stay 2 days in the new Gandhi Nilaya. I was to be smitten totally you will see in the separate post on Nandi hills.
  2. From the hills hit the Bangalore city and explore. Well the explore part did not happen as planned but had a lovely time meeting all the wonderful friends in my life in the 2 days that we were there. 
  3. Mysore was not on the plan and Shrirangapattana I love enough to just chill there on the banks of the Kaveri but we visited the Shri Ranganath temple and Tipu's summer palace yet again. This time made sure I went to Ranganatitthu bird sanctuary. What an amazing experience paddling around in the boat watching not just birds but crocs too.


4. Finally spending 2 most beautiful and luxurious days on Crystal Estates in Pollibetta, Coorg. We lived our dream of staying on a plantation with a cook to churn out delicious meals, a butler and another helper to wait on us, a driver to take us around the estate. The entire plantation to ourselves almost!

Join me in the journey as I write down memories of this enchanting time...

No comments: